Today is the national celebration of our Nation's independence. As we celebrate let us remember to pray that God will strengthen and bless America and make our nation a haven of liberty and justice for all — born and unborn.
On April 19, 1775, American minutemen faced English soldiers on the village green in Lexington, Massachusetts. Someone—no one to this day knows who—fired a shot, and a battle followed which marked the beginning of the American Revolution.
- Read the Declaration of Independence and see what grievances our Founding Fathers had with England. This same site offers links to learn more about the founding of our nation.
Catholic Culture Library Related Articles
- On Being Catholic American
- First Centenary of First American Bishops
- How Birth Control Changed America — For The Worse
- The Philosophy of American Patriotism In the Present Crisis
- The Jefferson Bible
- The Relevance of Thomas Jefferson
- Thomas Jefferson and Freedom of Religion
- What Is Patriotism?
- Sapientiae Christianae—On Christians as Citizens