Catholic World News

Omaha archbishop issues further caution on Intercessors

November 01, 2010

Former members of the Intercessors of the Lamb have discouraged contributions to the group, in the latest developments related to the suppression of the controversial group.

Last week Nadine Brown, the founder of the Intercessors, informed supporters that the group would continue to exist as a secular corporation, despite the order by Archbishop George Lucas suppressing the Intercessors as a public association of the Catholic faithful. In reply, former members of the group, who disassociated themselves from the Intercessors after the archbishop’s order, have asked for both spiritual and financial support. The former members remind potential donors: “Any donations to ‘The Intercessors of the Lamb, Inc.,” will not be used to support a Catholic organization.”

Meanwhile Archbishop Lucas followed up on his order by asking to faithful to “refrain from using any materials and websites associated with Nadine Brown and all other material provided by the former Intercessor community.”

The archbishop revealed that he had planned a thorough scrutiny of material produced by the Intercessors and by Nadine Brown, as part of an overall investigation of the group. However, he said, that investigation was stopped short when he suppressed the group because of refusal of board members to accept his authority. “It is therefore not possible,” Archbishop Lucas said, “to state that the teachings of Nadine Brown are free of doctrinal error.”

 


For all current news, visit our News home page.


 
Further information:
Sound Off! CatholicCulture.org supporters weigh in.

All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!

There are no comments yet for this item.