Action Alert!
Catholic World News

Cardinal Cupich orders Chicago priests to read defensive statement

September 03, 2018

» Continue to this story on Chicago Sun-Times

CWN Editor's Note: Stung by public criticism after a television interview in which he said that Pope Francis should not be distracted from “a bigger agenda” by sex-abuse complaints, Cardinal Blase Cupich of Chicago ordered all priests in his archdiocese to read a statement at Sunday Masses, criticizing the television station that aired the interview. While the cardinal said that the interview had been unfairly edited, station officials replied that their broadcast was accurate.

The above note supplements, highlights, or corrects details in the original source (link above). About CWN news coverage.

 


For all current news, visit our News home page.


Sound Off! CatholicCulture.org supporters weigh in.

All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!

There are no comments yet for this item.