Apostolic nuncio: Obama nominee for Vatican ambassador ‘an excellent choice’
May 29, 2009
Archbishop Pietro Sambi, the Holy See’s apostolic nuncio in the United States, said that Obama adminstrations nominee Miguel Diaz is “an excellent choice” as for US ambassador to the Vatican. Diaz, a donor to the Obama campaign, told a Spanish-language newspaper in January that he is pro-life from conception until death.
For all current news, visit our News home page.
- Vatican pick a mystery from the left (Washington Times)
- Opposition to Vatican envoy fades (Minneapolis Star Tribune)
- Vatican envoy grew up in Miami (Miami Herald)
- Father Thomas Reese: Las Nuevas Caras de American Catolicismo (Washington Post)
- Obama names theology professor, campaign donor as Holy See ambassador (CWN, May 28)
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!