A "moderate" position on gun control
Some people think that gun ownership is a good thing; others think it's bad. You can put me firmly in the pro-gun camp, but I acknowledge that some people disagree. So in the interests of finding a reasonable compromise, I suggest this solution:
- Everyone should have the right to buy a gun, at any time, for any reason.
- If the potential buyer can't afford the gun, the government should pay for it.
- Teenagers should be able to buy guns without their parents' permission.
- Anyone who interferes with someone attempting to purchase a gun should be jailed for two years.
- There should be no waiting period, no background check, no consumer warnings, and no records kept on gun purchases.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!