Mike Aquilina, Host of Way of the Fathers
- Author of more than 60 books
- Executive Vice-President of the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology
- Poet, songwriter, and EWTN television host
- Married with children, living and working near Pittsburgh, PA
Mike is a popular author working primarily in the area of Church history, especially Patristics. He has written more than 60 books, has hosted eleven television series on EWTN, and is a contributing editor of Angelus magazine.
Some of Mike’s most important and popular books have been those on the Fathers of the Church, such as The Way of the Fathers: Praying with the Early Christians in 1999 and The Fathers of the Church in 2006.
His books have been translated into languages as diverse as German, Portuguese, Croatian, and Braille. The Grail Code has appeared in ten languages since its publication in 2006.
Mike’s 2015 book Ministers and Martyrs was an official companion volume to the NBC series A.D. The Bible Continues. In recent years, he has hosted many series on the Eternal Word Television Network, as well as two independently produced feature documentaries. One of these was on the great Church Father St. Augustine.
Mike Aquilina is also a published poet and songwriter. He collaborated on a book and two albums with Rock and Roll Hall of Fame artist Dion DiMucci. The title song of one of these albums was later performed as a duet by Dion and Paul Simon.
A Pennsylvania native, Mike is also a past editor of the Pittsburgh Catholic newspaper, as well as New Covenant magazine.
For further details, including a complete list of available books, see Mike’s website, fathersofthechurch.com.
Most recently on this site:
- 44—Prudentius, Poet Laureate of the Western Fathers - July 26
- 43—The Pastoral Poems of Paulinus of Nola - July 14
- 42—Chrysostom (Part 2): Triumph, Tragedy & Glory - June 30
- 41—Chrysostom (Part 1): Golden Mouth & Golden Mysteries - June 16
- 40—Augustine (Part 3): Last Days and the End of an Age - May 25