Lourdes bishop says all Rupnik mosaics will be covered up before papal visit
August 22, 2026
» Continue to this story on EWTN News
CWN Editor's Note: Bishop Jean-Marc Micas, P.S.S., of Tarbes and Lourdes, France, told a French newspaper that Father Marko Rupnik’s mosaics at the famed Marian shrine will be covered up before the papal visit there next month.
“My role is to ensure that the shrine welcomes everyone, especially those who are suffering,” said Bishop Micas. “Among them are victims of sexual abuse and assault, both children and adults.”
Last month, the Vatican denied rumors that the Slovenian priest’s canonical trial on charges of abusing women religious ended in acquittal.
The above note supplements, highlights, or corrects details in the original source (link above). About CWN news coverage.
For all current news, visit our News home page.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!


