Milingo schism grows with ordination of another bishop
June 25, 2009
Archbishop Emmanuel Milingo, who incurred automatic excommunication in 2006 when he ordained four men bishops without Vatican approval, ordained Father Daniel Kasomo as a bishop of his “Married Priests Now” movement in a June 24 ceremony in Kenya. Bishop Martin Kivuva of Machakos suspended Father Kasomo after he admitted he had fathered children.
For all current news, visit our News home page.
- Milingo slaps Catholics in the face (Nairobi Daily Nation)
- Snub rebel priests, Catholics told (Nairobi Daily Nation)
- Rebel priests await Milingo visit (Nairobi Daily Nation)
- Communiqué Concerning Archbishop Emmanuel Milingo (Holy See Press Office, 2006)
- African prelate consecrates married bishops, causing new schism (CWN, 2006)
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!