‘Father Oprah’ unrepentant; vast majority of Miami Catholics back him
May 11, 2009
An unrepentant Father Alberto Cutié-- who was relieved of parish and archdiocesan media duties following the publication of compromising photographs-- has publicly declared his love for a woman. Support for the priest is high, with 78% of Miami Catholics saying they have a favorable impression of him, and 81% stating they believe that priests and nuns should be able to break their vows and marry, according to a poll conducted for The Miami Herald.
For all current news, visit our News home page.
- Poll: Most Dade Catholics oppose celibacy vow, support Cutié (Miami Herald)
- Cutié’s religious future hangs in balance (Miami Herald)
- Media ignore priests who endure oath (Miami Herald)
- Divided: Priesthood vs. celibacy (Miami Herald)
- Archdiocese of Miami mum on priest’s fate (Miami Herald)
- Rally in defense of disgraced ‘Father Oprah’ turns violent; ‘Celibacy no! Choice yes!’ (CWN, May 8)
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!