St. Francis de Sales—Introduction to the Devout Life | Part 3 (Ch.1-10)
This is a listener-supported podcast! Thanks for your help!
|Free eBook: Liturgical Year 2022-2023, Vol. 6|
“Anyone who will calmly consider what he has done without God, cannot fail to realize that what he does with God is no merit of his own; and so we may rejoice in that which is good in us, and take pleasure in the fact, but we shall give all the glory to God alone, who alone is its author.”
- Chapter 1—How to Select That Which We Should Chiefly Practice (00:00:38)
- Chapter 2—The Same Subject Continued (00:09:33)
- Chapter 3—Patience (00:16:32)
- Chapter 4—Greater Humility (00:25:45)
- Chapter 5—Interior Humility (00:31:39)
- Chapter 6—Humility Makes Us Rejoice in Our Own Abjection (00:41:05)
- Chapter 7—How to Combine Due Care for a Good Reputation with Humility (00:47:49)
- Chapter 8—Gentleness Towards Others and Remedies Against Anger (00:55:18)
- Chapter 9—Gentleness Towards Ourselves (01:03:43)
- Chapter 10—We Must Attend to the Business of Life Carefully, but Without Eagerness or Over-Anxiety (01:08:13)
This work will be released in its entirety in episodic format.
Introduction to the Devout Life full text: https://watch.formed.org/introduction-to-the-devout-life-by-st-francis-de-sales
Theme music: 2 Part Invention, composed by Mark Christopher Brandt, performed by Thomas Mirus. ©️2019 Heart of the Lion Publishing Co./BMI. All rights reserved.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!