How do we really know the pope has Christ’s authority in the Church?
By Dr. Jeff Mirus ( bio - articles - email ) | Mar 29, 2019 | In Video Lectures
|Free eBook: Liturgical Year 2022-2023, Vol. 5|
In this presentation, Dr. Jeff Mirus explains how Jesus Christ gave Peter special powers to teach, rule and sanctify the Church He founded, and explains how we know that these powers are carried on by the successors of Peter in the See of Rome until Christ comes again.
This is the third video in the “How do we really know” series. Additional reading is provided in the links below.
- The Authority of the Pope (Jeff Mirus, from Reasons for Hope, 1978)
- The Primacy of Peter (Jeff Mirus, 2005)
- Why be Catholic? 1. Revelation (Jeff Mirus, 2016)
- The Primacy of the Successor of Peter in the Mystery of the Church (CDF, 1998)
- Give me that old time authority principle (Jeff Mirus, 2013)
- Authentic Religion: Not what we want, what God has revealed (2018)
Previous in series: How do we really know Jesus Christ founded a specific Church?
Next in series: How do we really know God is a Trinity of Persons
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!