142—The Genesis of Gender—Abigail Favale
This is a listener-supported podcast! Thanks for your help!
Abigail Favale returns to the show to discuss her new book, The Genesis of Gender: A Christian Theory.
- Understanding “lived experience” in light of theology and anthropology
- Learning from people with gender dysphoria who have transitioned and detransitioned
- The spike in transgender identity among teenagers
- “What about intersex people?”
- How potency and actuality can help us to understand sex difference
- Manhood and womanhood as symbols of theological realities
Abigail Favale, The Genesis of Gender: A Christian Theory https://ignatius.com/the-genesis-of-gender-ggp/
Theme music: “Franciscan Eyes”, written and performed by Thomas Mirus.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!