Philip F. Lawler, Director, Catholic Culture/Editor, CWN
- Married since 1979 to Leila Marie Lawler (see her popular blog for young mothers, Like Mother, Like Daughter)
- Father of 7 children, grandfather of 9 .
- Massachusetts resident, active in local civic affairs
- Beekeeper, tennis player, music lover, x-country skier, Red Sox fan
More background, speaking, books:
- Learn more about Phil Lawler’s background and his writing
- Arrange a speaking engagement
- Preview Phil's book, The Faithful Departed
- Follow Phil on Twitter
Phil Lawler is the editor of Catholic World News (CWN), the first English-language Catholic news service operating on the internet, which he founded in 1995. CWN provides daily headline news coverage for the Catholic Culture site, where Phil Lawler also offers regular analysis and commentary.
Born and raised in the Boston area, Phil attended Harvard College and did graduate work in political philosophy at the University of Chicago before entering a career in journalism. He has previously served as Director of Studies for the Heritage Foundation, as editor of Crisis magazine, and as editor of the international monthly magazine Catholic World Report.
Author and Activist
Phil Lawler is the author or editor of ten books on political and religious topics. His essays, book reviews, and editorial columns have appeared in over 100 newspapers around the United States and abroad. A pro-life activist and veteran of many political campaigns, Phil was himself a candidate for the US Senate in 2000, running against the late Sen. Ted Kennedy.
Writing on CatholicCulture.org
Most recently on this site:
- Archbishop Wenski delivers a deserved rebuke to a fellow bishop - June 24
- Catholic institutions cleared the path for the latest assault on religious freedom - June 24
- What Catholics can learn from Orthodox disputes - June 22
- Dan Brown's theories at Harvard Divinity School: the tale of a scam - June 20
- The damage done (again) by the Pope's statements on marriage - June 17