Thomas V. Mirus, Director of Podcasts
- Podcaster and writer living in New York City
- Director of Podcasts for CatholicCulture.org
- Creator and host of the Catholic Culture Podcast
- Co-host of Criteria: The Catholic Film Podcast
Thomas V. Mirus is a podcaster and writer living in New York City. He is the Director of Podcasts for CatholicCulture.org, and hosts the Catholic Culture Podcast, as well as co-hosting Criteria: The Catholic Film Podcast.
Thomas takes the lead in CatholicCulture.org’s commentary on the arts, but also reads widely in many other areas. He brings a substantial breadth of understanding to his work at CatholicCulture.org.
Podcasting and Writing
The first episode of the Catholic Culture Podcast was the very first podcast released by CatholicCulture.org, on May 1, 2018. Since then, Thomas has released two to three episodes per month of this long-form podcast, mostly featuring thoughtful interviews with significant Catholic artists and writers around the world.
In both his writing and podcasting, Thomas explores a wide variety of topics, but he has a special interest in the nature of the creative process in the arts, and the engraced human expression of truth, beauty and goodness which finds its source and home in Catholicism. As a notable example, see his three-part series on The Mystery of Music.
Most recently on this site:
- When artists feel lonely in the Church - May 16
- 159—Person and Act: John Paul II’s Philosophy w/ Timothy Flanders - May 5
- Highlights: Christopher Tolkien, William Byrd, A Hidden Life, poetry-painting collaboration - April 28
- 158—City of God vs. City of Man—Timothy Flanders - April 20
- 157—A New Faerie Tale in Verse—Marly Youmans - April 14
- 156—Can music be sad? - March 30
- 155—Pilgrimage to the Museum—Stephen Auth - March 15
- 154—To Muck We Shall Return—Jane Clark Scharl - February 27
- 153—The Lost Radical History of the Pro-Life Movement—Randall Terry - February 9
- 152—The most Catholic opera: Dialogues of the Carmelites w/ Robert Reilly - February 1