Thomas V. Mirus, Director of Audio
- Writer and jazz pianist in New York City
- Creator and host of the Catholic Culture Podcast
Thomas V. Mirus is a pianist living in New York City. He is the director of audio media for CatholicCulture.org, and hosts The Catholic Culture Podcast.
Thomas takes the lead in CatholicCulture.org’s commentary on the arts, but also reads widely in many other areas. He brings a substantial breadth of understanding to his work at CatholicCulture.org.
Writing and Podcasting
Thomas explores a wide variety of topics, but he has a special interest in the nature of the creative process in the arts, particularly in music. As a notable example, see his three-part series on The Mystery of Music.
Most recently on this site:
- Ep. 71—Thick Skin, Weak Stomach—Timothy & David Gordon - April 2
- Ep. 70—The Flannery-Haunted World—Joshua Hren, John Emmet Clarke - March 25
- Highlights from the Archive #1 - March 16
- Ep. 69—Poetry of the English Martyrs—Benedict Whalen - March 5
- Ep. 68—What I Learned From Making Music With Mark Christopher Brandt - February 28
- Ep. 67—“Why I’m No Longer A Catholic Feminist”—Melody Lyons - February 21
- Ep. 66—Christopher Tolkien, 1924-2020—John Garth - February 12
- Ep. 65—Reason With Stories, Philosophize With Your Life (Vision of the Soul Pt. III)—James Matthew Wilson - February 6
- Ep. 64—Advancing the Faith in the Podcast Medium—Mike Aquilina, James T. Majewski - January 30
- Ep. 63—Beauty Revealing Being (Vision of the Soul Pt. II)—James Matthew Wilson - January 23