Thomas V. Mirus, Staff Writer and Podcast Producer
- Writer and jazz pianist in New York City
- Creator and host of the Catholic Culture Podcast
Thomas V. Mirus is a pianist, composer, and occasional amateur comedian living in New York City. He produces and hosts The Catholic Culture Podcast.
Thomas is an inveterate and wide-ranging reader in philosophy, theology, economics, politics, Catholic affairs, the visual arts and music. He brings a substantial breadth of understanding to his work at CatholicCulture.org.
Thomas writes on a wide variety of topics, but he has a special interest in the nature of the creative process in the arts, particularly in music. As a notable example, see his three-part series on The Mystery of Music.
Most recently on this site:
- Episode 41—The Neo-Colonial West Is Forcing Abortion on Africa—Obianuju Ekeocha - June 11
- Episode 40—Tolkien and Aquinas—Jonathan S. McIntosh - June 4
- Episode 39—Composing Liturgical Music That’s Noble, Accessible... and Sacred—Paul Jernberg - May 29
- Episode 38—The Sacred Monster—Matthew K. Minerd - May 14
- St. Ignatius of Antioch’s Letter to the Romans on his way to martyrdom - May 10
- Episode 37—Sculpting Two Benedicts—Jago - May 7
- Episode 36—Bridges to Hell or Heaven: “Toxic Femininity” and the Spirit of Anti-Mary—Carrie Gress - May 1
- Episode 35 —Moral Blindness and Abortion —Abby Johnson - April 16
- R.I.P., Catholic sci-fi legend Gene Wolfe (1931-2019) - April 16
- Episode 34—The Memoirs of St. Peter—Michael Pakaluk - April 2