Thomas V. Mirus, Director of Audio
- Writer and jazz pianist in New York City
- Creator and host of the Catholic Culture Podcast
Thomas V. Mirus is a pianist living in New York City. He is the director of audio media for CatholicCulture.org, and hosts The Catholic Culture Podcast.
Thomas takes the lead in CatholicCulture.org’s commentary on the arts, but also reads widely in many other areas. He brings a substantial breadth of understanding to his work at CatholicCulture.org.
Writing and Podcasting
Thomas explores a wide variety of topics, but he has a special interest in the nature of the creative process in the arts, particularly in music. As a notable example, see his three-part series on The Mystery of Music.
Most recently on this site:
- The best books we read in 2020 (plus films, music, etc.) - January 8
- 94—Understanding Postmodern “Social Justice”—Darel Paul - December 22
- 93—An Introduction to Thomas Tallis—Kerry McCarthy - December 11
- 92—Claudel’s Cosmic Vision—Jonathan Geltner - December 2
- COVID and 9/11: the cure worse than the disease - November 29
- Happy birthday to Jacques Maritain! - November 18
- 91—The Temptation of St. Anthony—Elizabeth Lev - November 13
- 90—Leo XIII on the State’s Duties Toward the Church—Thomas Pink - October 30
- 89—Mary and the Blues—Mike Aquilina - October 22
- 88—On Columbus—Robert Royal - October 10