Thomas V. Mirus, Director of Audio
- Writer and jazz pianist in New York City
- Creator and host of the Catholic Culture Podcast
Thomas V. Mirus is a pianist living in New York City. He is the director of audio media for CatholicCulture.org, and hosts The Catholic Culture Podcast.
Thomas takes the lead in CatholicCulture.org’s commentary on the arts, but also reads widely in many other areas. He brings a substantial breadth of understanding to his work at CatholicCulture.org.
Writing and Podcasting
Thomas explores a wide variety of topics, but he has a special interest in the nature of the creative process in the arts, particularly in music. As a notable example, see his three-part series on The Mystery of Music.
Most recently on this site:
- Episode 51—Bringing Melody Back to Pop Music—The Duskwhales - September 18
- Looking back on 50 episodes of The Catholic Culture Podcast - September 18
- Episode 50—A Catholic Composer in Queen Elizabeth’s Court, Pt. II—Kerry McCarthy - September 9
- Episode 49—A Catholic Composer in Queen Elizabeth’s Court, Pt. I—Kerry McCarthy - September 4
- Episode 48—Authority and Submission as Gift in Christian Marriage—Mary Stanford - August 21
- Episode 47—Our Lady’s Habit: Wearing and Loving the Brown Scapular—Fr. Justin Cinnante, O.Carm. - August 13
- Episode 46—Sing With Your Children—Roundabout - August 3
- Episode 45 —Libertarianism vs. Natural Law on Private Property - July 27
- Episode 44—Catholics Need Poetry. But Do We Want It?—Dana Gioia - July 19
- Episode 43—Teaching Children Self-Knowledge Through the Liberal Arts—Matthew Mehan - July 5