Thomas V. Mirus, Director of Podcasts
- Writer and jazz pianist in New York City
- Director of Podcasts for CatholicCulture.org
- Creator and host of the Catholic Culture Podcast
- Co-host of Criteria: The Catholic Film Podcast
Thomas V. Mirus is a pianist living in New York City. He is the Director of Podcasts for CatholicCulture.org, and hosts The Catholic Culture Podcast, as well as co-hosting Criteria: The Catholic Film Podcast.
Thomas takes the lead in CatholicCulture.org’s commentary on the arts, but also reads widely in many other areas. He brings a substantial breadth of understanding to his work at CatholicCulture.org.
Writing and Podcasting
Thomas explores a wide variety of topics, but he has a special interest in the nature of the creative process in the arts, particularly in music. As a notable example, see his three-part series on The Mystery of Music.
Most recently on this site:
- 118—Music for the Joyful Mysteries—Mark Christopher Brandt - October 22
- 117—Maritain’s Art and Scholasticism, Pt. 2 - October 13
- 116—Maritain’s Art and Scholasticism, Pt. 1 - October 5
- 115—A Bishop’s Stand on Gender Ideology—Fr. Stephen Schultz - September 29
- 114—A Children’s Book About Accepting Your Nature—Matthew Mehan - September 20
- Is realism in modern fiction an aberration? w/ Joshua Hren - September 2
- 113—Can a Novelist “Create” a Saint?—Joshua Hren - August 26
- Apology and Retractions about the Vaccine Episode - August 20
- Highlights: Garrigou-Lagrange, Dana Gioia, Tolkien’s metaphysics, and more - August 18
- 112—Walker Percy’s Angelic-Bestial Future—Jessica Hooten Wilson - August 11