Thomas V. Mirus, Staff Writer and Podcast Producer
- Writer and jazz pianist in New York City
- Creator and host of the Catholic Culture Podcast
Thomas V. Mirus is a pianist, composer, and occasional amateur comedian living in New York City. He produces and hosts The Catholic Culture Podcast.
Thomas is an inveterate and wide-ranging reader in philosophy, theology, economics, politics, Catholic affairs, the visual arts and music. He brings a substantial breadth of understanding to his work at CatholicCulture.org.
Thomas writes on a wide variety of topics, but he has a special interest in the nature of the creative process in the arts, particularly in music. As a notable example, see his three-part series on The Mystery of Music.
Most recently on this site:
- Episode 20: Carl Schmitt, Painter of Vision—Andrew de Sa - October 17
- Episode 19: Understanding the Church’s Abuse Crisis—Fr. Roger Landry - October 10
- Episode 18: Acedia, the Forgotten Capital Sin—RJ Snell - October 2
- Episode 17: A Civics Lesson for Catholics—Bob Marshall - September 25
- Msgr. John Sanders, the priest who played with Duke Ellington - September 13
- Episode 16: Extremely Specific Middle-earth Q&A with The Tolkien Professor—Corey Olsen - September 4
- Episode 15: Online Education with The Tolkien Professor—Corey Olsen - August 29
- Episode 14: Priest & Actor—George Drance, S.J. - August 21
- Episode 13: Progressives Are Trying to Take Over Medieval Studies—Rachel Fulton Brown - August 14
- Quick Hits: The year’s best articles so far - August 8