Thomas V. Mirus, Staff Writer and Podcast Producer
- Writer and jazz pianist in New York City
- Creator and host of the Catholic Culture Podcast
Thomas V. Mirus is a pianist, composer, and occasional amateur comedian living in New York City. He produces and hosts The Catholic Culture Podcast.
Thomas is an inveterate and wide-ranging reader in philosophy, theology, economics, politics, Catholic affairs, the visual arts and music. He brings a substantial breadth of understanding to his work at CatholicCulture.org.
Thomas writes on a wide variety of topics, but he has a special interest in the nature of the creative process in the arts, particularly in music. As a notable example, see his three-part series on The Mystery of Music.
Most recently on this site:
- Episode 35 —Moral Blindness and Abortion —Abby Johnson - April 16
- R.I.P., Catholic sci-fi legend Gene Wolfe (1931-2019) - April 16
- Episode 34—The Memoirs of St. Peter—Michael Pakaluk - April 2
- Episode 33—Structure and Freedom in Music and in Christ—Mark Christopher Brandt - March 26
- Episode 32—Antoni Gaudí, Patron Saint of Architects?—Gabriela Gonzalez-Cremona - March 19
- Episode 31—Some Jazz You Should Hear - March 13
- Episode 30—What Tolkien’s Visual Art Tells Us About His Creative Mind—John McQuillen and Holly Ordway - February 26
- “(Gimme Some of That) Ol’ Atonal Music” - February 20
- Episode 29—Catholic Feminism: Should We?—Abigail Rine Favale - February 19
- Episode 28: An Introduction to Maritain’s Poetic Philosophy—Samuel Hazo - February 5