Thomas V. Mirus, Staff Writer and Podcast Producer
- Writer and jazz pianist in New York City
- Creator and host of the Catholic Culture Podcast
Thomas V. Mirus is a pianist, composer, and occasional amateur comedian living in New York City. He produces and hosts The Catholic Culture Podcast.
Thomas is an inveterate and wide-ranging reader in philosophy, theology, economics, politics, Catholic affairs, the visual arts and music. He brings a substantial breadth of understanding to his work at CatholicCulture.org.
Thomas writes on a wide variety of topics, but he has a special interest in the nature of the creative process in the arts, particularly in music. As a notable example, see his three-part series on The Mystery of Music.
Most recently on this site:
- Episode 48—Authority and Submission as Gift in Christian Marriage—Mary Stanford - August 21
- Episode 47—Our Lady’s Habit: Wearing and Loving the Brown Scapular—Fr. Justin Cinnante, O.Carm. - August 13
- Episode 46—Sing With Your Children—Roundabout - August 3
- Episode 45 —Libertarianism vs. Natural Law on Private Property - July 27
- Episode 44—Catholics Need Poetry. But Do We Want It?—Dana Gioia - July 19
- Episode 43—Teaching Children Self-Knowledge Through the Liberal Arts—Matthew Mehan - July 5
- God works through friendship: the Easter that changed me - June 28
- Episode 42—The Missionary of Wall Street—Stephen Auth - June 19
- Episode 41—The Neo-Colonial West Is Forcing Abortion on Africa—Obianuju Ekeocha - June 11
- Episode 40—Tolkien and Aquinas—Jonathan S. McIntosh - June 4