Thomas V. Mirus, Director of Podcasts
- Writer and jazz pianist in New York City
- Director of Podcasts for CatholicCulture.org
- Creator and host of the Catholic Culture Podcast
- Co-host of Criteria: The Catholic Film Podcast
Thomas V. Mirus is a pianist living in New York City. He is the Director of Podcasts for CatholicCulture.org, and hosts The Catholic Culture Podcast, as well as co-hosting Criteria: The Catholic Film Podcast.
Thomas takes the lead in CatholicCulture.org’s commentary on the arts, but also reads widely in many other areas. He brings a substantial breadth of understanding to his work at CatholicCulture.org.
Writing and Podcasting
Thomas explores a wide variety of topics, but he has a special interest in the nature of the creative process in the arts, particularly in music. As a notable example, see his three-part series on The Mystery of Music.
Most recently on this site:
- 110—Woke Idols, Woke Pathologies—Noelle Mering - July 15
- 109—A Catholic in the NYC Ballet—Claire Kretzschmar - July 7
- 108—Walker Percy’s Moviegoer w/ Nathan Douglas - June 25
- Highlights: How men can help the angry feminist in their lives, and more - June 14
- 107—Prayer as a Political Problem w/ Brandon McGinley - June 7
- 106—Abortion-Derived Vaccines: Conscience Over Legalism—Michael Pakaluk, Jay Richards - May 27
- 105—Confronting an Unprecedented Church Scandal—Phil Lawler - May 13
- 104—John’s Gospel, Mary’s Voice—Michael Pakaluk - May 5
- Highlights: Feminism and ideology; intuition, temperance and art; Great Books; Tolkien’s visual art - April 27
- 103—Pope Leo XIII’s NYC Hotel - April 20