Thomas V. Mirus, Director of Podcasts
- Writer and jazz pianist in New York City
- Director of Podcasts for CatholicCulture.org
- Creator and host of the Catholic Culture Podcast
- Co-host of Criteria: The Catholic Film Podcast
Thomas V. Mirus is a pianist living in New York City. He is the Director of Podcasts for CatholicCulture.org, and hosts The Catholic Culture Podcast, as well as co-hosting Criteria: The Catholic Film Podcast.
Thomas takes the lead in CatholicCulture.org’s commentary on the arts, but also reads widely in many other areas. He brings a substantial breadth of understanding to his work at CatholicCulture.org.
Writing and Podcasting
Thomas explores a wide variety of topics, but he has a special interest in the nature of the creative process in the arts, particularly in music. As a notable example, see his three-part series on The Mystery of Music.
Most recently on this site:
- 133—Think Like a Poet—Ryan Wilson - May 25
- 132—Technology and the Artist: Glenn Gould in the Studio - May 13
- Highlights: Indie rock, postliberalism, Mary and the Holy Spirit - April 27
- 131—Virtue Is Not Enough—J. Budziszewski - April 19
- 130—John Paul II’s Retreat for Artists—Christopher West - April 4
- 129—Fatima Today: In Defense of Private Revelation - March 24
- 128—As Earth Without Water—Katy Carl - March 18
- 127—Gregory the Great—Chase Faucheux - March 10
- 126—How Charlie Parker’s Music Changed My Life - March 4
- 125—St. Joseph in Art History—Elizabeth Lev - February 14