Thomas V. Mirus, Director of Podcasts
- Podcaster and writer living in New York City
- Director of Podcasts for CatholicCulture.org
- Creator and host of the Catholic Culture Podcast
- Co-host of Criteria: The Catholic Film Podcast
Thomas V. Mirus is a podcaster and writer living in New York City. He is the Director of Podcasts for CatholicCulture.org, and hosts the Catholic Culture Podcast, as well as co-hosting Criteria: The Catholic Film Podcast.
Thomas takes the lead in CatholicCulture.org’s commentary on the arts, but also reads widely in many other areas. He brings a substantial breadth of understanding to his work at CatholicCulture.org.
Podcasting and Writing
The first episode of the Catholic Culture Podcast was the very first podcast released by CatholicCulture.org, on May 1, 2018. Since then, Thomas has released two to three episodes per month of this long-form podcast, mostly featuring thoughtful interviews with significant Catholic artists and writers around the world.
In both his writing and podcasting, Thomas explores a wide variety of topics, but he has a special interest in the nature of the creative process in the arts, and the engraced human expression of truth, beauty and goodness which finds its source and home in Catholicism. As a notable example, see his three-part series on The Mystery of Music.
Most recently on this site:
- Our favorite books and films of 2022 - January 19
- 151—Liberal Women & Drag Queens—Darel Paul - January 16
- 150—Solemnities and How to Celebrate Them—McNamara & Carstens - December 20
- 149—Duns Scotus, Minstrel of the Incarnation—Thomas Ward - December 13
- 148—Being Is Better Than Not Being—Christopher Mirus - November 18
- 147—The World Is Falling Away—Jane Greer - November 11
- Highlights: music & spirituality, the common good, Mary’s river - November 3
- 146—40 Days for Life Co-Founder Shawn Carney - October 25
- 145—Catholic Imagination Conference poetry reading - October 18
- 144—The Obedience Paradox in Marriage—Mary Stanford - October 11