Thomas V. Mirus, Director of Podcasts
- Writer and jazz pianist in New York City
- Director of Podcasts for CatholicCulture.org
- Creator and host of the Catholic Culture Podcast
- Co-host of Criteria: The Catholic Film Podcast
Thomas V. Mirus is a pianist living in New York City. He is the Director of Podcasts for CatholicCulture.org, and hosts The Catholic Culture Podcast, as well as co-hosting Criteria: The Catholic Film Podcast.
Thomas takes the lead in CatholicCulture.org’s commentary on the arts, but also reads widely in many other areas. He brings a substantial breadth of understanding to his work at CatholicCulture.org.
Writing and Podcasting
Thomas explores a wide variety of topics, but he has a special interest in the nature of the creative process in the arts, particularly in music. As a notable example, see his three-part series on The Mystery of Music.
Most recently on this site:
- 102—Becoming Cultured Without a Bow Tie—James Matthew Wilson - April 5
- 101—The Non-Reactionary Tolkien—Holly Ordway - March 29
- 100—The Singular—Samuel Hazo - March 22
- Episode 0—The Nightingale—Mark Christopher Brandt - March 8
- 99—Ashes and Elitists—Gail Finke - March 1
- 98—An Anglo-Saxon Bard—Benjamin Bagby - February 21
- 97—The Hierarchy of Being in Natural Science—Daniel Toma - February 9
- 96—Hillbilly Thomists—Joseph Hagan, O.P. - February 1
- 95—Fighting Pervasive Religious Indifferentism—Ralph Martin - January 25
- The best books we read in 2020 (plus films, music, etc.) - January 8