Eating meat: permitted on the Annunciation
March 24, 2011
Citing Canon 1251, various dioceses, Catholic bloggers, and even secular newspapers are noting that the obligation to abstain from meat is abrogated on Friday, March 25, because it is the Solemnity of the Annunciation.
For all current news, visit our News home page.
- It’s ok to eat meat this Friday. Really! (Omaha World-Herald)
- Saint Albert the Great Offers Place of Worship and Fellowship (Not to Mention Fish Fry) (Baldwin-Whitehall Patch)
- Archdiocese issues Lenten regulations (St. Louis Review)
- Liturgical Advisories (Diocese of Pueblo)
- Archdiocese of Washington: comments (Facebook)
- Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord (Diocese of Des Moines)
- Happy Meat-Eating Friday! (2011 Edition) (JimmyAkin.org)
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!