Vatican vote nears to approve 3 new saints
February 14, 2011
The Vatican has announced that Pope Benedict XVI will preside at an ordinary consistory (a meeting of the cardinals present in Rome) on February 21 to approve the canonization of three new saints.
Each of the new candidates for canonization is the founder of a religious order:
- Blessed Guido Maria Conforti (1865-1931) was Archbishop of Parma, Italy and founder of the Xaverian Missionaries.
- Blessed Luigi Guanella (1842-1915), an Italian priest, founded the Servants of Charity and the Daughters of Our Lady of Providence
- Blessed Bonifacia Rodriguez Castro (1837-1905) is the Spanish founder of the Congregation of the Sisters Servants of Saint Joseph.
For all current news, visit our News home page.
- Consistory to vote on canonization of 3 blessed (Vatican Radio)
- Consistory on Several Causes of Canonization (VIS)
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!