Vatican newspaper pays tribute to books on Beatles, Rolling Stones
December 28, 2009
The December 25 edition of L’Osservatore Romano paid tribute to two new books devoted to the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. Mark Hayward’s The Beatles: On Camera, Off Guard 1963-69 and The Rolling Stones: On Camera, Off Guard 1963-69 contain photographs-- most of them previously unpublished-- of the bands.
The L’Osservatore Romano column was written by Giuseppe Fiorentino and Gaetano Vallini, who earlier this year commemorated the fortieth anniversary of the hippie film Easy Rider.
For all current news, visit our News home page.
- Giuseppe Fiorentino e Gaetano Vallini: I due gruppi storici «Colti nelle immagini più segrete 1963-69» dall'obiettivo di Mark Hayward: Non c'è mai stato un ragazzo che amava i Beatles e i Rolling Stones (L’Osservatore Romano)
- The Beatles: On Camera, Off Guard 1963-69 (Amazon.com)
- The Rolling Stones: On Camera, Off Guard 1963-69 (Amazon.com)
- Rock memorabilia: before they were famous (Daily Telegraph)
- Vatican newspaper pays tribute to 1969 hippie film Easy Rider, takes swipe at Hays Code (CWN, 4/3/2009)
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!
Posted by: DrJazz -
Dec. 28, 2009 10:51 AM ET USA
Time to change the name from "L’Osservatore Romano" to "L’Osservatore di Questo Mondo."