Vatican moves several candidates closer to beatification
April 08, 2019
CWN Editor's Note: The Congregation for the Causes of Saints has moved several candidates closer to beatification, with a series of decrees issued on April 6. The decrees confirmed a miracle through the intercession of Donizetti Tavares de Lima (1882—1961), a Brazilian priest; and testified to the “heroic virtues” displayed by:
- Carlo Cavina (1820-1880), an Italian priest;
- Raffaele da Sant’Elia a Pianisi (1816-1901), an Italian Capuchin priest;
- Damiano da Bozzano (1898—1997), a Brazilian Capuchin priest;
- Victorin Nymphas Arnaud Pagés (1885—1966), a French religious who died in Puerto Rico;
- Consolata Betrone (1903—1964), an Italian Poor Clare religious;
- Nelson Santana (1955—1964), a Brazilian who died in childhood; and
- Gaetana Tolomeo (1936—1997), and Italian lay woman.
For all current news, visit our News home page.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!