USCCB urges immediate action on farm bill
June 07, 2012
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops issued an “action alert” on June 6 asking Catholics to “e-mail or call your Senators and urge them to support a fair Farm Bill and related amendments that will help feed hungry people here at home and abroad, support international development, promote growth in U.S. rural communities and encourage stewardship of creation.”
“Tell your Senators to oppose cuts to these critical programs that help people and communities in need … the Senate will likely bring up the Farm Bill for debate and a vote as early as Thursday, June 7th!”
For all current news, visit our News home page.
- The Senate is about to start votes on the Farm Bill! (Capwiz.com)
- USCCB offers bulletin inserts, prayer cards for 2012 Farm Bill (CWN, 6/6)
- USCCB urges laity to lobby senators on farm bill (CWN, 5/23)
- Action urged on 2012 Farm Bill (CWN, 4/26)
- USCCB weighs in on 2012 Farm Bill (CWN, 3/7)
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!