Catholic Recipe: Spaghetti a la Brindisi
Brindisi is recognized world wide as a region rich in gastronomic culture. Try this spaghetti dish for the feast of St. Lawrence of Brindisi.
1. Heat olive oil in large saucepan.
2. Add garlic, scallions and meat.
3. Cook over low heat 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned; stir occasionally. Set aside.
4. Mix tomato paste and water in al large bowl. Stir until smooth.
5. Add whole tomatoes, mushrooms, oregano, basil and pepper; stir well.
6. Add mixture to saucepan and cook ovr low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
7. Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 mintues.
8. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in boiling water.
9. Immediately drain into colander.
10. Place spaghetti portions onto plates.
11. Add sauce and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
12. Serve with Polo Brindisi Rosso wine.Recipe Source: Information from Various Websites