A shrine of Mary, Help of Christians in Hubertus, Wisconsin, northwest of Milwaukee. A statue of the Madonna, arms outstretched, with the Child beside her, is the central feature of the shrine. The present edifice is the third church built since 1863, when the first log building became to small to hold the pilgrims who came to Holy Hill, where it is reputed that Jacques Marquette first planted the Cross. Now in charge of the shrine, the Carmelites have built a six-story monastery on the grounds. Discarded crutches and braces there attest to the miracles attributed to Mary, Help of Christians.