Sign of the times
By Diogenes ( articles ) | Aug 12, 2004
You know that it's time to hire a lawyer when you're told you should expect to hear from:
- a federal grand jury, which has already questioned several well-known drug dealers from your neighborhood;
- a litigious neighbor, who thinks your new fence crosses his property;
- the police chief, who has eyewitness reports that someone who looks a lot like you just robbed the convenience store on Elm Street;
- a long-lost 4th cousin, who wants a share of the proceeds from the sale of your grandmother's home;
- your bishop, who's trying to figure out how to pay the tab run up by the child-molesters in the diocesan clergy.
If you're a pastor in Tucson, Arizona, the advice from your bishop is to choose #5-- without prejudice to the other possibilities, naturally.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!