missing persons report
By Diogenes ( articles ) | Dec 14, 2007
Father Tom Euteneuer, the president of Human Life International, churns out good material for his "Spirit and Life" newsletter, and if you don't receive it regularly, you should.
In his latest issue, Father Euteneuer explains why it's logical to estimate that in the years since Roe v. Wade, legal abortion has cost the United States:
- 2 US Presidents
- 7 Supreme Court Justices
- 102 US Senators and 589 Congressmen
- 8,123 Federal, district and local court judges
- 31 Nobel Prize laureates
- 328 Olympic medalists including 123 Gold medalists
- 6,092 professional athletes
- 134,841 physicians and surgeons
- 392,500 registered nurses
- 70,669 priests, ministers, rabbis and imams including
- 6,852 priests and 11,010 nuns (vocations “shortage”?)
- 1,102,443 teachers (K-12)
- 553,821 truck drivers
- 224,518 maids and housekeepers
- 336,939 janitors
- 134,028 farmers and ranchers
- 109,984 police officers and sheriff’s deputies
- 39,477 firefighters
- 17,221 barbers, and
- 24,450,000…women (the gender of roughly half of all children aborted).
Oh, one more thing. Abortion did not deprive American football fans of the pleasure of watching the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner. That's part of the story too. Worth a read.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!