It's Ritter time
By Diogenes ( articles ) | Jan 08, 2007
This according to Saturday's Rocky Mountain News:
Here's a look at next week's (Jan 9) festivities, as Colorado gets a new governor:Readers of Uncle Di will recall that Colorado's new governor is the Mario Cuomo knock-off, Bill Ritter, the Catholic kid from Denver who's always pro-life, except when he's pro-abortion. He's the one having a little gathering for Mass and brunch in an establishment that is owned and sometimes operated by Archbishop Charles Chaput. As you can see from the News, we're all invited, including Archbishop Charles Chaput, OFM, Cap., and his seminarians.
• 8 a.m. - Gov.-elect Bill Ritter's family celebrates Mass at Holy Ghost Catholic Church, 1900 California St.
• 10-11 a.m. - Musical performances from three choirs from around the state on the west steps of the state Capitol.
• 11 a.m. - Swearing-in ceremony on the west steps for Ritter and for other state constitutional officers.
• Afterward - More musical performances outside. Music, hot beverages and light refresh- ments in the Capitol Rotunda, as Ritter and Lt. Gov. Barbara O'Brien, left, receive guests. It ends at 2 p.m.
• Of note: All events are free and open to the public.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!