By Diogenes ( articles ) | Mar 11, 2010
A pro-life activist is dead. The man who shot him says that he wanted to kill the man because of his pro-life signs. But thanks to the First Amendment-- not the "emanations from the penumbra" but the words of the amendment itself-- it's legal to hold up signs even when some people dislike those signs.
So I'm sure that within a matter of hours liberal politicians will:
- Denounce the murder of James Pouillon as a hate crime.
- Call for heavier penalties on criminals who assault pro-lifers.
- Insist that abortion advocates tone down their rhetoric to avoid inflaming passions against pro-lifers.
- Suggest sensitivity training in public schools to help children understand pro-life activists.
- Introduce protective legislation establishing a 25-foot "bubble zone" around pro-life activists to protect them from aggressive rivals.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!