127—Gregory the Great—Chase Faucheux
This is a listener-supported podcast! Thanks for your help!
Today’s guest is Chase Faucheux, translator of a recent biography of Pope St. Gregory the Great. Topics include:
- The very low point in Rome’s history in which Gregory came of age
- His being all things to all men in the city of Rome, as both a spiritual and temporal leader
- His longing for the monastic life even after he became Pope
- His remarkable forthrightness about his own shortcomings
- His diplomatic attempts to keep barbarians from destroying his city
Sigrid Grabner, In the Eye of the Storm: A Biography of Gregory the Great https://ignatius.com/in-the-eye-of-the-storm-iesp/
Theme music: “Franciscan Eyes”, written and performed by Thomas Mirus. Download the Catholic Culture Podcast soundtrack.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!