127—Gregory the Great—Chase Faucheux
By Catholic Culture Podcast ( bio - articles - email ) | Mar 10, 2022 | In The Catholic Culture Podcast
Listen to this podcast on: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS Feed | YouTube Channel
This is a listener-supported podcast! Thanks for your help!
|Free eBook: No Offense Intended|
Today’s guest is Chase Faucheux, translator of a recent biography of Pope St. Gregory the Great. Topics include:
- The very low point in Rome’s history in which Gregory came of age
- His being all things to all men in the city of Rome, as both a spiritual and temporal leader
- His longing for the monastic life even after he became Pope
- His remarkable forthrightness about his own shortcomings
- His diplomatic attempts to keep barbarians from destroying his city
Sigrid Grabner, In the Eye of the Storm: A Biography of Gregory the Great https://ignatius.com/in-the-eye-of-the-storm-iesp/
Theme music: “Franciscan Eyes”, written and performed by Thomas Mirus.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!