105—Confronting an Unprecedented Church Scandal—Phil Lawler
This is a listener-supported podcast! Thanks for your help!
Catholic Culture’s own Phil Lawler has written a new book addressing what he sees as flaws in the response of Catholic leaders and laity to the pandemic and advocating a different approach—Contagious Faith: Why the Church Must Spread Hope, Not Fear, in a Pandemic.
Topics covered in this interview include:
- How the Church’s behavior in this pandemic differs from the oft-cited response of St. Charles Borromeo to plague
- Why a confrontation with civil authorities must be forced to ameliorate the evil precedent set for future actions against the Church
- How the laity can encourage their priests and bishops to defy illegitimate restrictions on the Mass
- Is there a moral obligation to take extraordinary measures to protect one’s neighbor from even the slightest risk of catching a disease?
- Catholics must be a witness to hope in the power of prayer and in eternal life
Phil Lawler, Contagious Faith https://www.sophiainstitute.com/products/item/contagious-faith
Theme music: “Franciscan Eyes”, written and performed by Thomas Mirus. Download the Catholic Culture Podcast soundtrack.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!