105—Confronting an Unprecedented Church Scandal—Phil Lawler
By Catholic Culture Podcast ( bio - articles - email ) | May 13, 2021 | In The Catholic Culture Podcast
Listen to this podcast on: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS Feed | YouTube Channel
This is a listener-supported podcast! Thanks for your help!
|Free eBook: Moral Issues|
Catholic Culture’s own Phil Lawler has written a new book addressing what he sees as flaws in the response of Catholic leaders and laity to the pandemic and advocating a different approach—Contagious Faith: Why the Church Must Spread Hope, Not Fear, in a Pandemic.
Topics covered in this interview include:
- How the Church’s behavior in this pandemic differs from the oft-cited response of St. Charles Borromeo to plague
- Why a confrontation with civil authorities must be forced to ameliorate the evil precedent set for future actions against the Church
- How the laity can encourage their priests and bishops to defy illegitimate restrictions on the Mass
- Is there a moral obligation to take extraordinary measures to protect one’s neighbor from even the slightest risk of catching a disease?
- Catholics must be a witness to hope in the power of prayer and in eternal life
Phil Lawler, Contagious Faith https://www.sophiainstitute.com/products/item/contagious-faith
Theme music: “Franciscan Eyes”, written and performed by Thomas Mirus.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!