Catholic World News
Agenda announced for US bishops’ meeting
November 03, 2022
A full and substantive agenda awaits the US bishops at their November 14-17 meeting in Baltimore.
|Free eBook: The Books of the New Testament|
A partial list of agenda items includes
- an address by the Papal Nuncio to the United States, Archbishop Christophe Pierre; last year, the Pope extended his term beyond the customary five years and the customary retirement age
- the final address by Archbishop José Gomez of Los Angeles as USCCB president
- the election of a new president, vice president, and chairmen of six committees
- discussion of the Synod on Synodality, the ongoing war in Ukraine, and the bishops’ Eucharistic revival initiative
- in light of the Supreme Court’s Dobbs decision, a discussion of supporting women and families
- discussion of the new catechumenate model of marriage preparation and World Youth Day 2023
- a “review and approval of five translations for liturgical rituals”
- a discussion of Journeying Together, the bishops’ young adult initiative
- a discussion of potential revisions to Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship for the 2024 national election
For all current news, visit our News home page.
- U.S. Bishops to Meet Nov. 14-17 in Baltimore; Will Elect New USCCB President, Vice President, Committee Chairs, and Vote on Action Items; Assembly to Be Live Streamed (USCCB)
Sound Off! CatholicCulture.org supporters weigh in.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!