Resolving Faith Difficulties: A Pastor’s Spiritual Journal
BOOK 1: Faith First and Always
by Father Jerry Pokorsky
Log in or subscribe (free) to download this ebook! Available in multiple formats for different readers.
In this very helpful collection of essays, Fr. Jerry Pokorsky addresses a great many of the problems and confusions in faith which have concerned Catholics over the centuries, and which seem especially widespread in the twenty-first century. This is the first volume of a series created from columns written in recent years for CatholicCulture.org.
Table of Contents
- Dialogue with an Atheist
- Practical Atheism
- Authority and Jesus
- The Scandal of Church Abuse
- Is Catholicism an ideology?
- Faith is Personal, not Ideological
- Spiritual Strategic Planning
- The promise of the Catholic vision
- Catholic nudism, the USCCB, and bid to ‘eradicate’ evil
- How Mary crushes the head of Satan
- Mary, not Misogyny
- Mary: Terrible as an Army, Arrayed for Battle
- A Little Catechism to Fortify Our Faith in Troubled Times
- Inauguration Day thoughts: Shining City on a Hill
- The Mystery of Punishment and Suffering
- No Exit
- The End is Near—Maybe
- The Magisterium of the Martyrs
- The Magisterium of the Sacred Liturgy
- The Liturgical Year
- Advent: An Advent Meditation
- Advent: Anticipation
- Advent: It could have been a wonderful life
- Christmas: Life Stinks. Merry Christmas!
- Christmas: An Undelivered Christmas Homily
- Mary, the Mother of God: Are Marian devotions excessive?
- Feast of the Holy Family: The Church’s Policies on Families
- Feast of the Holy Family: Adjectives
- Holy Week: The problem of sin, suffering, and death
- Holy Thursday: Jesus is Not a Dictator
- Good Friday: The Age of Cynicism
- Good Friday: The Joy of Dread
- Easter: The Cure for Our Fears, Real and Imagined
- Easter: Hollywood Extras
- The Ascension: Tossing us the keys to His Kingdom
- Feast of the Most Holy Trinity: Faith seeking understanding
- Feast of the Most Holy Trinity: The Divine Symphony
- Corpus Christi: A ‘personal relationship with Jesus Christ’
- The Transfiguration: Transfiguration and confidence
- The Assumption: “You’re Only Human”
- All Souls: Funerals and divine worship
- All Souls: Death, where is thy sting?
- Christ the King: Christ, the Great King