Catholic Recipe: Easter Biscuits
Try these delicious English biscuits with a touch of spice for your Easter brunch.
1. Sieve the flour, salt and spice together.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in a little egg and flour.
4. Stir in the currants and the remaining flour to make a stiff dough.
5. Roll out on a floured surface to 1/4 in./0.6 cm thick. Cut into shapes.
6. Prick with a fork, brush with a little milk and sprinkle with castor sugar.
7. Place on a greased baking tray and bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
8. Cool on cooling tray and store in an airtight container.Recipe Source: Feasting for Festivals by Jan Wilson, Lion Publishing Corporation, Batavia, Illinois, 1990