10 Catholic campuses to host V-Monologues this year
February 12, 2014
At least 10 Catholic colleges and universities in the US will host productions of The Vagina Monologues this academic year, the Cardinal Newman Society reports.
The performance—an annual event on many American campuses—are scheduled at:
- Holy Cross College in Worcester, Massachusetts;
- Georgetown University in Washington, DC;
- DePaul University in Chicago, Illinois;
- Bellarmine University in Louisville, Kentucky;
- St. Louis University in Missouri;
- Fordham University in New York;
- Loyola University of New Orleans, Louisiana;
- Loyola University of Chicago;
- St. Mary’s College of California; and
- Seattle University in Washington.
- Students Tout 15 Years of ‘V-Monologues’ as Play Continues on Several Catholic Campuses (Cardinal Newman Society)
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!
Posted by: unum -
Feb. 13, 2014 9:13 AM ET USA
The universities are governed by a cross section of the U.S. bishops who will not discipline institutions that abuse the label "Catholic". They are misleading parents and students about the true faith. These bishops will have to answer to their Maker for this failing someday ...
Posted by: -
Feb. 13, 2014 1:36 AM ET USA
Seven of the ten are Jesuit colleges/universities. What a fall from grace.
Posted by: Chestertonian -
Feb. 12, 2014 11:12 PM ET USA
USCCB needs to crack down and tell them to stop this disgrace or remove "Catholic" from the school's name. Also should insist on them complying with ex corde ecclesiae. They are bringing scandal to the Church, equal to the politicians who have been told not to present themselves to receive Communion. If the bishops let them get away with this behavior, they'll have no one to blame but themsleves when the Church is persecuted and the pews are empty.
Posted by: -
Feb. 12, 2014 6:48 PM ET USA
The last time this was perfomed at Loyola in New Orleans was 2004 and the new president, Fr. Wildes, said he could do nothing about it because the last prez had contracted it. So, now what's his excuse?