Website Review: JustFaith Site on which this review was based: http://www.justfaith.org
JustFaith is a social justice formation program created by Jack Jezreel. According to its mission statement it "strives to provide faith formation processes and resources that emphasize the Gospel message of peace and justice, Catholic social teaching and the intersection of spirituality and action. The aim of JustFaith Ministries is to enable people of faith to develop a passion for justice and to express this passion in concrete acts of social ministry."
In 2005 JustFaith Ministries announced a partnership with The Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD), Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA) and Catholic Relief Services (CRS) to promote and support parish and diocesan involvement in the JustFaith program.
The website offers few real resources and reveals little of the materials used or their sources. But a thorough search provides a clue to the dissident theology behind the program. To begin, the founder, Jack Jezreel, has been a presenter at Call to Action functions.
This organization is purportedly dedicated to justice, but a glaring omission from its website and newsletter is any mention of the injustice of abortion. Mother Teresa often said that the primary injustice is the taking of innocent, unborn life: "The greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child a direct killing of the innocent child murder by the mother herself."
For more information on the agenda behind many so-called "justice" programs see these articles in the Catholic Culture Library:
- A Commentary on the U.S. Catholic Conference
- Catholic Campaign for Human Development - 2003 Update
- Credible Signs of Christ Alive: Case Studies from the Catholic Campaign for Human Development
- The On-Going Marxist March Against the Western Mind
- Catholic Media Coalition Section on Just Faith
Review Ratings what do these ratings mean?
First Evaluated: 12/17/2006; Last Updated: 08/24/2013
- Fidelity: Danger!
- Resources: Poor
- Useability: Excellent
- Fidelity: Dissenting views of the founder, Jack Jezreel Example(s)
- Fidelity: The JustFaith program recommends dissenters in its newsletters and book lists. Example(s)
- Fidelity: Program is more concerned with process than with theology and recommended activity is more in line with the politics of Saul Alinksy than with Catholicism. Example(s)
CategoriesIssues > Social Ills
Catholicism > Evangelization
PO Box 221348
Louisville, KY 40252-1348
(502) 429-0897 (fax)
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.