6 USCCB committee chairmen renew budget requests in letter to members of Congress
February 01, 2024
CWN Editor's Note: In a joint letter to members of the House of Representatives and Senate, six prelates who chair committees of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops renewed seven appropriations requests, as Congress (in their words) “move[s] forward with the important work of funding the government”:
- Retain All Pro-Life Appropriations Riders
- Support International Poverty-Reducing Humanitarian and Development Assistance
- Support Assistance to Help Families, Children, and Service Providers at Home and Abroad Cope with Food and Nutritional Deficits
- Support Legal Immigration and Humanitarian Protection
- Provide Robust Funding for Housing and Community Development
- Provide Adequate Funding for Federal Agencies Tasked with Caring for the Environment
- Provide Robust Funding for the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program
For all current news, visit our News home page.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!