26 move closer to canonization, beatification
November 29, 2019
The Congregation for the Causes of Saints has approved a miracle attributed to the intercession of Blessed Luigi Maria Palazzolo (1827—1886), an Italian priest who is now eligible for canonization.
In other decrees issued on November 29, the congregation also:
- recognized the martyrdom of Cayetano Gimenez Martin and 15 companions killed during the Spanish civil war; and Giovanni Franseco Macha, a priest killed in Poland in 1943.
- recognized miracles attributed to Olinto Marella (1882—1969), an Italian priest; and Giuseppe Ambrosoli (1923—1987), an Italian priest of the Combonian Missionaries who died in Uganda. Both are now eligible for beatification.
- and recognized the “heroic virtues” of the following, who may now be beatified if a miracle is attributed to their intercession:
- Ovide Charlebois (1862—1933), a Canadian bishop,
- Michael Wittmann (1760—1833), a German bishop,
- Olinto Fedi (!841—1923), an Italian priest,
- Giacomo Bulgaro (1879—1967), an Italian Franciscan,
- Giovanni Maria Battista Solimani (1688—1758), born Maria Antonia Sollmani, an Italian religious, and
- Ana de Jesus de Lobera (1545—1621), a Spanish-born Carmelite who died in Belgium.
For all current news, visit our News home page.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!