Catholic World News

Pope decries news coverage of crimes by immigrants

February 13, 2018

» Continue to this story on AFP

CWN Editor's Note: Pope Francis has criticized an Italian newspaper that reported migrants were responsible for 40% of the rapes in a particular town. He said this sort reporting—which, he said, he had seen some time ago—“modifies the truth.” The Pontiff did not name the newspaper, nor the town involved, but said: “I ask myself: So, the other 60%, who are they? Italians.”

The above note supplements, highlights, or corrects details in the original source (link above). About CWN news coverage.


For all current news, visit our News home page.

Sound Off! supporters weigh in.

All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!

Show 1 Comments? (Hidden)Hide Comments
  • Posted by: feedback - Feb. 14, 2018 8:13 AM ET USA

    There is a saying attributed to Hegel: "If the facts contradict my theory, so much the worse for the facts!"