Pope baptizes 26 children
January 11, 2016
In a Mass celebrated ad orientem in the Sistine Chapel, Pope Francis administered the Sacrament of Baptism of 26 infants on January 10, the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord.
“You have asked for the faith,” the Pope said in his brief, extemporaneous homily. “Do not forget that the greatest inheritance that you can give your children is faith. Be careful that this is not lost, so it can grow and be left as a legacy.”
For all current news, visit our News home page.
- Eucharist with Baptism of infants - 2016.01.10 (YouTube Vatican)
- Santa Messa nella Cappella Sistina con il rito del Battesimo dei bambini, 10.01.2016 (Holy See Press Office)
- Booklet for the Celebration
- Pope Francis baptises 26 babies in Sistine Chapel (Vatican Radio)
- Pope's Homily at Baptism of 26 Babies in Sistine Chapel (Zenit)
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!