Tributes to the late Father Richard John Neuhaus
January 09, 2009
Numerous publications and commentators-- including a congressman-- paid tribute to Father Richard John Neuhaus, who died yesterday at the age of 72. John Podhoertz of Commentary called him “perhaps the most important and influential religious intellectual in the United States since the passing of Reinhold Niebuhr.” Tom Minnery, senior vice president of government and public policy at Focus on the Family Action, said, “Richard Neuhaus was to moral principle what William Buckley was to conservative politics: a leader who brought intellectual heft, urbane wit and a gentle spirit to the great debates about truth.”
For all current news, visit our News home page.
- Father Richard John Neuhaus: A Man Animated by His Faith (Wall Street Journal)
- Death on a Thursday morning (National Review)
- Boehner Statement on the Passing of Father Richard John Neuhaus (Rep. John Boehner’s office)
- Top pro-life leaders pay tribute to memory of Fr. Richard John Neuhaus (LifeSiteNews.com)
- Richard Neuhaus Brought 'Gentle Spirit to Great Debates about Truth' (CitizenLink)
- Remembering Father Richard John Neuhaus (Acton Institute)
- Richard Mouw on Richard Neuhaus (Christianity Today)
- Richard John Neuhaus, RIP (The Atlantic)
- Richard John Neuhaus, 1936-2009 (Commentary)
- Father Richard John Neuhaus dead at 72 (CWN, Jan. 8)
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!