See no evil
By Diogenes ( articles ) | Jul 13, 2004
Thanks to the Dallas Morning News, we now have this information about another acknowledged child molester.
- He was serving in the Los Angeles archdiocese, and his name showed up on archdiocesan records. But the archdiocese didn't know he was there.
- His Franciscan superiors-- to whom, presumably, he vowed obedience-- can't ask him to do anything he doesn't want to do.
- The Franciscans told the LA archdiocese where he is. But the archdiocese doesn't know anything about him.
- The Franciscans say police in Canada aren't interested in pursuing criminal charges against the friar. Police in Canada say they are interested in pursuing criminal charges.
But we do know this much:
- Oh, yes, and:
- The sex-abuse scandal is "history." Bishop Gregory said so.
Sound Off! CatholicCulture.org supporters weigh in.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!