See no evil
By Diogenes (
) | Jul 13, 2004
Thanks to the Dallas Morning News, we now have this information about another acknowledged child molester.
- He was serving in the Los Angeles archdiocese, and his name showed up on archdiocesan records. But the archdiocese didn't know he was there.
- His Franciscan superiors-- to whom, presumably, he vowed obedience-- can't ask him to do anything he doesn't want to do.
- The Franciscans told the LA archdiocese where he is. But the archdiocese doesn't know anything about him.
- The Franciscans say police in Canada aren't interested in pursuing criminal charges against the friar. Police in Canada say they are interested in pursuing criminal charges.
Do you have the sense that maybe-- just maybe-- somebody isn't giving us the whole truth?
But we do know this much: A Catholic cleric, who would be facing charges if he lived in Canada, has moved to California and stayed there for years. There's no compelling reason for his move, other than the understandable desire to avoid prosecution.Church officials aren't being forthcoming in response to questions about his status.
Oh, yes, and:
- The sex-abuse scandal is "history." Bishop Gregory said so.
Sound Off! CatholicCulture.org supporters weigh in.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a current donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!
There are no comments yet for this item.