Website Review: Confraternity of Saints Peter and Paul
A review based on: http://www.breviary.net/
The Lay Confraternity of Ss. Peter & Paul was established for the purpose of "inviting the Christian faithful throughout the world to give glory to God by uniting themselves with the Catholic clergy in that public prayer and liturgy which is the Divine Office."
The site provides a very complete, easy to use online version of the Roman Breviary, including instructions for all eight Offices. There is also a history of the Breviary and some related commentary. Unfortunately, these otherwise excellent resources are marred by the fact that the Confraternity has formally rejected all liturgical reforms since Second Vatican Council.
Review Ratings what do these ratings mean?
First Evaluated: 05/05/2003; Last Updated: 06/14/2012
- Fidelity: Danger!
- Resources: Excellent
- Useability: Excellent
- Beautiful, formal translation Resources
- The Ordo Resources Example(s)
- Fidelity: Constitution of the Confraternity rejects all liturgical reforms since Vatican II Example(s)
- Fidelity: News section contains links to Churches that promote the Society of St. Pius X
- Fidelity: The site takes the sedevacantist position and denies that Pope Benedict is the pope Example(s)
CategoriesCatholicism > Customs & Devotions
Lay Confraternity of Ss. Peter & Paul
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.