Vatican schedules 9 new beatifications
June 08, 2010
The Vatican has announced that nine beatifications have been scheduled for the months of June through November.
In each case, the Congregation for the Causes of Saints had already issued a decree, approved by the Pontiff, testifying to the authenticity of a miracle attributed to the candidate's intercession or recognizing the candidate as a martyr. Pope Benedict XVI has endorsed plans for the beatification of these nine candidates:
- Manuel Lozano Garrido, a Spanish layman, who will be beatified on June 12 in Linares, Spain;
- Lojze Grozde, a Slovenian layman and martyr, who will be beatified on June 13 in Celje, Slovenia;
- Stephen Nehme (ne Joseph), a Lebanese Maronite monk, who will be beatified on June 27 in Kfifan, Lebanon;
- Leopoldo (Francesco), Sanchez Marquez de Alpandeire, a Spanish professed lay Capuchin, who will be beatified on September 12 in Granada, Spain;
- Mary of the Immaculate Conception (Maria Isabella Salvat y Romero), a Spanish religious, who will be beatified on September 18 in Seville, Spain;
- Chiara Badano, an Italian lay woman, who will be beatified on September 25 at the Shrine of Our Lady of Divine Love, Rome;
- Anna Maria Adorni, an Italian religious, who will be beatified on October 3 in Parma, Italy;
- Szilard Bogdanffy, a Romanian bishop and martyr, who will be beatified on October 30 in Oradea Mare, Romania; and
- Barbara of the Blessed Trinity (Barbara Maix), an Austrian religious, who will be beatified on November 9 in Porto Alegre, Brazil.
For all current news, visit our News home page.
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!