CatholicCulture.org: Blessing the God Who Saves!
Everyone remembers the thrilling scene in the Book of Daniel, in which the young prophet saves Susanna, the wife of Joakim, who was falsely accused:
“Then all the assembly shouted loudly and blessed God, who saves those who hope in him.” 1
At CatholicCulture.org, our hope is in God, and we seek to bless Him in all that we do, for He has blessed us first.
Nonetheless, it remains a struggle in this secular age to offer the fullness of the Gospel, and to enrich faith, strengthen the Church, and form Catholic culture. We have no choice but to rely for the success of our mission on the many dedicated Catholics who support our work.
Help meet our Easter Challenge
A group of key donors has offered a Challenge Grant of $60,000 to match new gifts made between now and the Feast of Pentecost on June 5th.
This year monthly pledges are still down a bit because of the Pandemic. Our larger Challenge campaigns offer a solution by concentrating fundraising into six weeks in the Spring and six weeks in the Fall.
This means people can donate based on immediate circumstances, knowing that their gifts will be matched.
We hope all of our users will participate, through prayer and gifts, in meeting the Challenge!
Why is our budget growing?
We must increase user support by roughly ten percent this year and next year because:
- We have expanded our staff to prepare for a new generation of service by increasing our content and shifting the load from our aging founder, Jeff Mirus (who has just turned 74).
- We are nearing the end of this process as we train new staff in site-design, programming and technical oversight and control.
- We continue to operate on our own self-programmed platform, so that we are less vulnerable to ideological restrictions by providers of turnkey systems.
- Our platform has been (unsuccessfully) targeted by random disgruntled secularists and more systematically from both Russia and China; the costs of security continue to rise as cyber attacks become more sophisticated.
- In every way we remain committed to independent action and independent support, so that we are limited only by our Catholic Faith, and not by social “cancelling” or by any corporate or governmental interests.
Why should you help?
Our effectiveness is not only unparalleld but growing year by year:
- CatholicCulture.org reaches some 15 million Catholics and potential converts each year around the world.
- We offer daily written news and commentary, inspiring podcasts, and rich spiritual resources to help Catholics ignite the spiritual fire that alone can renew the Church and the world.
- Our work is available free of charge, 24-7, and is widely recirculated without charge through blogs, other websites, newspapers, magazines, radio, television, social media and parish bulletins.
- Our costs are among the lowest in the field: Under 3 cents per year per person served.
Other important reasons:
- We do not ride favorite hobby horses or promote personal agendas. Our mission is to help Catholics to be both informed and well-formed, so they can ignite the fire of faith in their families, parishes and communities; and so they can work effectively for authentic Catholic renewal.
- We offer the keys to a robust yet properly-balanced Catholicism. We do not shy away from crises and tough questions, but we do strive each day to think and act in accordance with Our Lord and the mind of the Church.
- From huge secular cities to rural mission territories, our work helps many to find Christ and the Church for the first time. Meanwhile, most who use our resources deepen their faith and become more active in living it each day.
- The resources we provide are prized by priests, religious, deacons, catechists and lay Catholics throughout the world.
Thanks for making CatholicCulture.org a part of your life, and a part of your charitable giving. Donations are tax-deductible in the United States
Get to Know Us Better
Consider more fully (or discover for the first time) the work of CatholicCulture.org.
- Read About Our Mission
- Or take a full tour of CatholicCulture.org by following the links below. Banner ads with the following titles appear randomly across the top of each page on our website, but here are the eight pages to which these randomized banners link:
- Working diligently for the Greater Glory of God...
- Guidance in these troubled times is right here!
- Here’s what’s going on in the Church and the world!
- Live the grace of all Five Seasons of the year!
- Faith comes by hearing...listening for Wisdom!
- Get the splendor of the truth when you need it most!
- Login to Catholic solidarity and stay connected!
- Dedication makes things happen around here!
1 Daniel 13:60 or Susanna 1:60, depending on Bible edition.