CatholicCulture.org: Do whatever He tells you!
Near the very beginning of John’s Gospel, not long after “In the beginning was the Word”, we find ourselves in Cana at a wedding. When the success of the celebration is in jeopardy, we hear Mary say with absolute confidence in her Son:
“Do whatever He tells you.” [Jn 2:5]
And Jesus Christ turns water into wine.
We know that doing what Christ tells us is the key to a good life, a successful life, a salvific life, a life truly to be celebrated. It is also an excellent guide to charitable giving.
We have -$4,961 left to match in our Fall Campaign—can you help?
Of course, the words of Mary that we have chosen as our theme do not mean Our Lord is telling you to support CatholicCulture.org. But they do mean it would be appropriate to ask Him and do whatever He tells you. As we continue to expand, and as inflation continues to inflate, we need a slightly larger budget each year.
We want nothing more than to offer the fullness of the Gospel, and to enrich faith, strengthen the Church, and form Catholic culture. But our success depends completely on those we serve—on deeply-committed Catholics like you.
Help meet our Fall Challenge
A group of key donors has offered a Challenge Grant of $111,000 to match new gifts made between now and the Feast of the Immaculate Conception on December 8th.
Monthly pledges are down because of the way COVID has been handled and the subsequent inflation. Larger Challenge campaigns like this one offer a solution by concentrating fundraising into roughly six weeks in the Spring and six weeks in the Fall.
This means people can donate based on immediate circumstances, knowing that their gifts will be matched.
We hope all of our users will participate, through prayer and financial gifts, in meeting the Challenge!
Why is our budget growing?
Our budget is growing in 2022 because:
- You guessed it: Inflation.
- We are continuing to add younger staff to prepare for a new generation of expanded service by increasing our content and shifting the load from our aging founder, Jeff Mirus (who is now 74).
- So far we have increased our capabilities in customer service, technical oversight and control, podcasting, the presentation of the liturgical year, and overall web and social media development.
- We continue to operate on our own self-programmed and self-maintained platform, so that we are less vulnerable to ideological restrictions by providers of turnkey systems.
- In every way we remain committed to independent action and independent support, so that we are limited only by our Catholic Faith, and not by social “cancelling” or by any corporate or governmental interests.
Why should you help?
Our effectiveness is not only unparalleld but growing year by year:
- Our best estimate is that CatholicCulture.org reaches over 15 million Catholics and potential converts each year around the world.
- The numbers of people we reach has continued to grow steadily this year.
- We offer daily written news and commentary, inspiring podcasts, and rich spiritual resources to help Catholics “do whatever He tells you” in the effort to renew the Church and the world.
- Our work is available free of charge, 24-7, and is widely recirculated without charge through blogs, other websites, newspapers, magazines, radio, television, social media and parish bulletins.
- Our costs are among the lowest in the field: Under 3 cents per year per person served.
Other important reasons:
- We do not ride favorite hobby horses or promote personal agendas. Our mission is to keep Catholics both informed and well-formed, so they can more easily discern and “do whatever He tells you” in their families, parishes and communities; and so they can work courageously and effectively for authentic Catholic renewal.
- We offer the keys to a robust yet properly-balanced Catholicism. We do not shy away from crises and tough questions, but we do strive each day to think and act in accordance with Our Lord and the mind of the Church.
- From huge secular cities to rural mission territories, our work helps many to find Christ and the Church for the first time. Meanwhile, most who use our resources deepen their faith and become more active in living it each day.
- The resources we provide are also prized by priests, deacons and catechists throughout the English-speaking world.
Thanks for making CatholicCulture.org a part of your life, and a part of your charitable giving. Donations are tax-deductible in the United States
Get to Know Us Better
Consider more fully (or discover for the first time) the work of CatholicCulture.org. The changing banner ads running across the top of each page lead to highlights of our work, but here are all eight of them:
- Working diligently for the Greater Glory of God...
- Guidance in these trouble times is right here!
- Here’s what’s going on in the Church and the world!
- Live the grace of all Five Seasons of the year!
- Faith comes by hearing...listening for wisdom!
- Get the splendor of the truth when you need it most!
- Login to Catholic solidarity and stay connected!
- Dedication makes things happen around here!