Website Review: Call to Action
A review based on: http://www.cta-usa.org
Call to Action (CTA) describes itself as "a Catholic movement working for equality and justice in the Church and society. . . . CTA believes that the Spirit of God is at work in the whole church, not just in its appointed leaders." In reality, CTA is one of the most destructive dissident organizations in the world. It is openly opposed to the traditional Church hierarchy and many official Church teachings. We advise users to visit this site for research purposes only.
Review Ratings what do these ratings mean?
First Evaluated: 07/08/1997; Last Updated: 02/11/2014
- Fidelity: Danger!
- Resources: Poor
- Useability: Excellent
- Fidelity: Supports the ordination of women Example(s)
- Fidelity: Attacks the magisterium and Canon Law Example(s)
- Fidelity: Condones married clergy in disobedience to the Church's rule on the matter Example(s)
- Fidelity: Openly supports homosexuality as an acceptable lifestyle Example(s)
- Fidelity: Promotes feminist and liberation theology Example(s)
- Fidelity: Their links section reads like a who's who in the world of dissident Catholics
- Fidelity: JustChurch project that seeks to use nonviolent means to respond to the abuses of power by the hierarchical church. Example(s)
CategoriesIssues > Controversies
Institutions > Organizations
Issues > Heresies
Call to Action
2135 W. Roscoe 1N
Chicago, IL 60618
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.