Website Review: Catholic Parents OnLine
A review based on: http://www.catholicparents.org/
Catholic Parents Online has as its mission "to build a network of faithful, dynamic, and informed parents, students, and alumni, committed to working with Catholic schools and other programs of education to ensure the authentic teaching and protection of the Catholic Faith." They are truly devoted to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church, the Pope and the Bishops in union with him. They also recognize parents' role as the primary educators of their children.
We can't recommend this site enough. Every parent of school-aged children needs to be informed about which catechetical series are faithfully presenting the teachings of the Church and which ones are deficient. This site does an excellent job in pointing out good catechetical resources as well as exposing the ones to be avoided.
Review Ratings what do these ratings mean?
First Evaluated: 07/09/2001; Last Updated: 09/13/2016
- Fidelity: Excellent
- Resources: Excellent
- Useability: Excellent
- Religious Education Resources Resources Example(s)
- Audio & video of Catholic Parents Online TV programs Resources
- The Oxcart — a collection of essays, facts about our Catholic faith Resources
- News Items and Special Events - a section covering important topics which are affecting children in Catholic schools Resources
- The Catholic Parents OnLine Newsletter Resources
- Father Robert J. Altier - section of talks in mp3 format Resources
- Teachers Resources Resources Example(s)
- Book Reviews Resources Example(s)
- Reviews of several catechetical series Resources Example(s)
- Parenting and Family Resources Resources
- Catechisms and big business (important article) Resources
- Section on Virtus Resources
- Marriage Resources Resources
- Useability: Some of the sections need updating
Culture > Education
Institutions > Marriage & Family
Website Established: 11/05/98
P.O. Box 130815
St. Paul, MN 55113
(651) 489-5622 (fax)
NB: All reviews are current as of the Evaluation or Update Date cited above. If you notice that a review contains information that is no longer accurate, please contact us and we will be happy to amend our review.