Catholic Recipe: How to Cut a Four-Tiered Cake
Instructions on how to cut a multi-tiered cake, like a wedding cake.
How To Cut a Four-Tiered Cake Number layers (mentally!) 1 through 4 from bottom to top:
1. With point of sharp knife, cut through layer 1 around base of layer 2, cutting through to bottom of cake; serve this freed portion of first layer in modified wedges.
2. Repeat, cutting through layer 2 only around base of layer 3; serve this freed portion of layer
3. Repeat with layer 3 and serve as before.
4. Remove top layer, which is usually given to the bride.
5. Cut layer 3 in wedges and serve.
6. Cut layer 2 in wedges and serve.
7. Cut layer 1 (base) in wedges and serve.Recipe Source: Cook's Blessings, The by Demetria Taylor, Random House, New York, 1965