Catholic Recipe: Christmas Pudding
If you have never made a Christmas pudding before, make it with a friend and split the mixture. There is enough in this recipe for two medium puddings. Doing it together is fun and gives confidence.
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Stir in all other ingredients, mix well and allow to stand - overnight if possible.
3. Put mixture into one large or two smaller pudding bowls, and cover with greaseproof paper and foil or pudding cloth.
4. Steam for 6-8 hours.
5. Remove damp coverings and replace with new ones.
6. Store until required and steam for a further 2 hours on Christmas Day. Serve with custard or brandy butter and cream.Recipe Source: Feasting for Festivals by Jan Wilson, Lion Publishing Corporation, Batavia, Illinois, 1990