Catholic Recipe: Fondant Icing
Ice your Christmas Cake with this delicious frosting.
1. Blend all the ingredients together with a knife.
2. Knead very thoroughly on a board dusted with a little icing sugar to prevent it sticking.
3. Roll out the icing with a rolling pin until large enough to cover the top and sides of the cake.
4. Brush the cake with a little egg white and lift the fondant icing carefully over.
5. Trim the bottom edges with a knife and decorate as required.Recipe Source: Feasting for Festivals by Jan Wilson, Lion Publishing Corporation, Batavia, Illinois, 1990