Full liturgical schedule for Pope Benedict during Holy Week, Easter
Catholic World News - March 22, 2010
Pope Benedict XVI plans a full schedule of liturgical activities for Holy Week and Easter, presiding at all of the traditional ceremonies at the Vatican.
The Pope's schedule, released by the Vatican on March 22, includes:
- Procession in St. Peter's Square and Mass on Palm Sunday, March 28, along with World Youth Day observances there;
- The Chrism Mass on Holy Thursday, April 1, in the Vatican basilica, with the clergy of Rome;
- The Mass of the Lord's Supper on Holy Thursday in the evening in the basilica of St. John Lateran;
- Commemoration of the Passion in St. Peter's basilica on Good Friday, followed by the Way of the Cross in the evening at the Roman Colosseum;
- The Easter Vigil in St. Peter's beginning at 9 pm on Easter Saturday; and
- Easter Sunday Mass in St. Peter's Square, followed by the Urbi et Orbi message delivered from the balcony of the basilica at midday.
An appeal from our founder, Dr. Jeffrey Mirus:
Dear reader: If you found the information on this page helpful in your pursuit of a better Catholic life, please support our work with a donation. Your donation will help us reach seven million Truth-seeking readers worldwide this year. Thank you!
Our Fall Campaign
Progress toward our year-end goal ($168,671 to go):
All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!