Chicago Catholic college posts internship for Planned Parenthood PR position
January 06, 2010
The School of Communication at Loyola University Chicago posted an internship for an e-publicist at Planned Parenthood of Illinois, according to the university’s web site.
“Planned Parenthood of Illinois’ online advocacy program consists of over 20,000 members and annually generates tens of thousands of messages to legislators,” the internship posting notes. “Our e-advocacy program plays a critical role in moving pro-choice initiatives and is building a powerful voice for grassroots activism on choice issues throughout the state.”
“Communication internships help students integrate their career objectives and educational preparation in the challenging and expanding fields of communication studies, journalism and advertising/public relations, which demand practical experience and diversified skills reaching beyond the classroom,” according to the university.
Loyola University Chicago’s women’s studies and gender studies program also lists Planned Parenthood among health-related services on its “Loyola Univesity Chicago- Resources” pages, according to the university’s web site.
- Communication Internships, p. 64 (Loyola University Chicago)
- Loyola University Chicago- Resources (Women’s Studies & Gender Studies)
- How to write a resume, p. 11 (Office of Career Services)
- Sample resumes, p. 5 (Office of Career Services)
- Planned Parenthood clinic listed on Jesuit university’s student health services site (CWN, 1/5)