Action Alert!
Catholic World News

SNAP director resigned just before lawsuit was filed

January 25, 2017

The national director of the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP) resigned from his post just days before a lawsuit was filed against the group.

David Clohessy, who had been director of SNAP, said that his resignation was unrelated to the suit brought by a former fundraiser, which alleges that the group solicited donations from plaintiffs’ lawyers in exchange for providing them with clients. “I’m just ready for something different,” he said.

SNAP announced that Clohessy had “voluntarily resigned,” with an effective date of last December 31. The announcement of his departure did not come until after the lawsuit was filed in Illinois.

 
Further information:
Sound Off! CatholicCulture.org supporters weigh in.

All comments are moderated. To lighten our editing burden, only current donors are allowed to Sound Off. If you are a donor, log in to see the comment form; otherwise please support our work, and Sound Off!

Show 1 Comments? (Hidden)Hide Comments
  • Posted by: Jim.K - Jan. 25, 2017 7:01 PM ET USA

    "...ready for something different." May I suggest Confession, restitution of millions of dollars, apology to and restoration of the reputations of hundreds of priests SNAP falsely accused. That would be a good start! And then there is the matter of all the people who lost their faith and quit the Church as a result of SNAP's activities. Yes, there were priest abusers, but they were exposed without this vigilante group who only went after the money.